File faster and easier with the free TurboTaxapp
TURBOTAX ONLINE GUARANTEES
- 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest. Limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details.
- Maximum Refund Guarantee / Maximum Tax Savings Guarantee - or Your Money Back: If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, we'll refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid. (TurboTax Online Free Edition customers are entitled to payment of $30.) Limitations apply. Excludes TurboTax Business products and services. See Terms of Service for details.
- 100% Accurate Expert-Approved Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax tax expert or CPA made while providing topic-specific tax advice, a section review, or acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest. Limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details.
- Audit Support Guarantee: If you receive an audit letter based on your 2022 TurboTax individual, TurboTax Live Assisted Business, or TurboTax Full Service Business return, we will provide one-on-one question-and-answer support with a tax professional, if requested through our Audit Support Center, for audited returns filed with these products for the current tax year (2022) and, for individual, non-business returns, for the past two tax years (2021, 2020). This guarantee does not apply to TurboTax Business desktop software. Audit support is informational only. We will not represent you before the IRS or state tax authority or provide legal advice. If we are not able to connect you to one of our tax professionals, we will refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid. (TurboTax Free Edition customers are entitled to payment of $30.) Additional limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: You may use TurboTax Online without charge up to the point you decide to print or electronically file your tax return. Printing or electronically filing your return reflects your satisfaction with TurboTax Online, at which time you will be required to pay or register for the product.
- Our Full Service Guarantee means your tax expert will find every dollar you deserve. Your expert will only sign and file your return if they know it's 100% correct and you are getting your best outcome possible. If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparer, we'll refund the applicable TurboTax Live Full Service federal and/or state purchase price paid. If you pay an IRS or state penalty (or interest) because of an error that a TurboTax tax expert or CPA made while acting as a signed preparer for your return, we'll pay you the penalty and interest. Limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details.
TURBOTAX ONLINE/MOBILE PRICING:
- Try for Free/Pay When You File: TurboTax online and mobile pricing is based on your tax situation and varies by product. TurboTax Free Edition ($0 Federal + $0 State + $0 To File) is available for simple tax returns only (see if you qualify) and has limited functionality; offer may change or end at any time without notice. Actual prices for paid versions are determined based on the version you use and the time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. Special discount offers may not be valid for mobile in-app purchases.
- TurboTax Live Assisted Basic Offer: Offer only available with TurboTax Live Assisted Basic and for simple tax returns only. Not all taxpayers qualify. Must file by March 31, 2023 to be eligible for the offer. Includes state(s) and one (1) federal tax filing. Intuit reserves the right to modify or terminate this TurboTax Live Assisted Basic Offer at any time for any reason in its sole and absolute discretion. If you add services, your service fees will be adjusted accordingly. If filed after March 31, 2023 you will be charged the then-current list price for TurboTax Live Assisted Basic and state tax filing is an additional fee. See current prices here.
- Pays for itself (TurboTax Self-Employed): Estimates based on deductible business expenses calculated at the self-employment tax income rate (15.3%) for tax year 2021. Actual results will vary based on your tax situation.
- Anytime, anywhere: Internet access required; standard data rates apply to download and use mobile app.
- Fastest refund possible: Fastest tax refund with e-file and direct deposit; tax refund time frames will vary. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21 days.
- Get your tax refund up to 5 days early: Individual taxes only. When it’s time to file, have your tax refund direct deposited with Credit Karma Money™, and you could receive your funds up to 5 days early. If you choose to pay your tax preparation fee with TurboTax using your federal tax refund or if you choose to take the Refund Advance loan, you will not be eligible to receive your refund up to 5 days early. 5-day early program may change or discontinue at any time. Up to 5 days early access to your federal tax refund is compared to standard tax refund electronic deposit and is dependent on and subject to IRS submitting refund information to the bank before release date. IRS may not submit refund information early.
For Credit Karma Money (checking account): Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC. Maximum balance and transfer limits apply.
No Fees: Third-party fees may apply. Please see Account Terms & Disclosures for more information.(Video) TurboTax Review 2023 by a CPA | Pros + Cons | Walkthrough | Tutorial
- Pay for TurboTax out of your federal refund: Individual taxes only. A $39 Refund Processing Service fee applies to this payment method. Prices are subject to change without notice.
- TurboTax Help and Support: Access to a TurboTax product specialist is included with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, TurboTax Live Assisted and TurboTax Live Full Service; not included with Free Edition (but is available as an upgrade). TurboTax specialists are available to provide general customer help and support using the TurboTax product. Services, areas of expertise, experience levels, wait times, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice. Limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details.
- Tax Advice, Expert Review and TurboTax Live: Access to tax advice and Expert Review (the ability to have a Tax Expert review and/or sign your tax return) is included with TurboTax Live Assisted or as an upgrade from another version, and available through December 31, 2023. Intuit will assign you a tax expert based on availability. Tax expert and CPA availability may be limited. Some tax topics or situations may not be included as part of this service, which shall be determined in the tax expert’s sole discretion. For the TurboTax Live Assisted product, if your return requires a significant level of tax advice or actual preparation, the tax expert may be required to sign as the preparer at which point they will assume primary responsibility for the preparation of your return. For the TurboTax Live Full Service product: Handoff tax preparation by uploading your tax documents, getting matched with an expert, and meeting with an expert in real time. The tax expert will sign your return as a preparer. The ability to retain the same expert preparer in subsequent years will be available starting December 2023 and will be based on an expert’s choice to continue employment with Intuit. Administrative services may be provided by assistants to the tax expert. On-screen help is available on a desktop, laptop or the TurboTax mobile app. Unlimited access to TurboTax Live tax experts refers to an unlimited quantity of contacts available to each customer, but does not refer to hours of operation or service coverage. Service, area of expertise, experience levels, wait times, hours of operation and availability vary, and are subject to restriction and change without notice.
- TurboTax Live Full Service – Qualification for Offer: Depending on your tax situation, you may be asked to answer additional questions to determine your qualification for the Full Service offer. Certain complicated tax situations will require an additional fee, and some will not qualify for the Full Service offering. These situations may include but are not limited to multiple sources of business income, large amounts of cryptocurrency transactions, taxable foreign assets and/or significant foreign investment income. Offer details subject to change at any time without notice. Intuit, in its sole discretion and at any time, may determine that certain tax topics, forms and/or situations are not included as part of TurboTax Live Full Service. Intuit reserves the right to refuse to prepare a tax return for any reason in its sole discretion. Additional limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details.
- Smart Insights: Individual taxes only. Included with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, TurboTax Live, TurboTax Live Full Service, or with PLUS benefits and is available through 11/1/2023. Terms and conditions may vary and are subject to change without notice.
- My Docs features: Included with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, TurboTax Live, TurboTax Live Full Service, or with PLUS benefits and is available through 12/31/2024. Terms and conditions may vary and are subject to change without notice.
- Tax Return Access: Included with all TurboTax Free Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, TurboTax Live, TurboTax Live Full Service customers and access to up to the prior seven years of tax returns we have on file for you is available through 12/31/2024. Terms and conditions may vary and are subject to change without notice.
- Easy Online Amend: Individual taxes only. Included with TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, Self-Employed, TurboTax Live, TurboTax Live Full Service, or with PLUS benefits. Make changes to your 2022 tax return online for up to 3 years after it has been filed and accepted by the IRS through 10/31/2025. Terms and conditions may vary and are subject to change without notice. For TurboTax Live Full Service, your tax expert will amend your 2022 tax return for you through 11/15/2023. After 11/15/2023 TurboTax Live Full Service customers will be able to amend their 2022 tax return themselves using the Easy Online Amend process described above.
- #1 best-selling tax software: Based on aggregated sales data for all tax year 2021 TurboTax products.
- #1 online tax filing solution for self-employed: Based upon IRS Sole Proprietor data as of 2022, tax year 2021. Self-Employed defined as a return with a Schedule C/C-EZ tax form. Online competitor data is extrapolated from press releases and SEC filings. “Online” is defined as an individual income tax DIY return (non-preparer signed) that was prepared online & either e-filed or printed, not including returns prepared through desktop software or FFA prepared returns, 2021.
- CompleteCheck: Covered under the TurboTax accurate calculations and maximum refund guarantees. Limitations apply. See Terms of Service for details.
- 1099-K Snap and Autofill: Available in mobile app and mobile web only.
- 1099-NEC Snap and Autofill: Available in TurboTax Self-Employed and TurboTax Live Assisted Self-Employed. Available in mobile app only. Feature available within Schedule C tax form for TurboTax filers with 1099-NEC income.
- Year-Round Tax Estimator: Available in TurboTax Self-Employed and TurboTax Live Assisted Self-Employed. This product feature is only available after you finish and file in a self-employed TurboTax product.
- **Invite a Friend: Rewards good for up to 10 friends, or $250 - see official terms and conditions for more details.
- Average Refund Amount: Sum of $2,815 is the average refund American taxpayers received based upon IRS data and may not reflect actual refund amount received.
- Average Deduction Amount: Based on the average amount of deductions/expenses found by TurboTax Self Employed customers who filed expenses on Schedule C in Tax Year 2021 and may not reflect actual deductions found.
- TurboTax Online Business Products: For TurboTax Live Assisted Business and TurboTax Full Service Business we currently don’t support the following tax situations: C-Corps (Form 1120-C), Trust/Estates (Form 1041), Multiple state filings, Tax Exempt Entities/Non-Profits , Entities electing to be treated as a C-Corp, Schedule C Sole proprietorship, Payroll, Sales tax, or Quarterly filings, and Foreign Income.
TURBOTAX CD/DOWNLOAD GUARANTEES
- 100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest. Limitations apply. See License Agreement for details.
- Maximum Refund Guarantee / Maximum Tax Savings Guarantee - or Your Money Back: If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, we'll refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid. Limitations apply. See License Agreement for details.
- Audit Support Guarantee: If you receive an audit letter based on your 2022 TurboTax return, we will provide one-on-one question-and-answer support with a tax professional as requested through our Audit Support Center for audited returns filed with TurboTax for the current tax year (2022) and the past two tax years (2021, 2020). We will not represent you before the IRS or state agency or provide legal advice. If we are not able to connect you to one of our tax professionals, we will refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid. Excludes TurboTax Business. Limitations apply. See License Agreement for details.
- Satisfaction Guarantee/ 60-Day Money Back Guarantee: If you're not completely satisfied with TurboTax Desktop, go to refundrequest.intuit.com within 60 days of purchase and follow the process listed to submit a refund request. You must return this product using your license code or order number and dated receipt.
- Installation Requirements: Download option requires a free online Intuit account. Product activation requires internet connectivity. You must accept the TurboTax License Agreement to use this product. Not for use by paidpreparers.
- TurboTax CD/Download Products: Price includes tax preparation and printing of federal tax returns and free federal e-file of up to 5 federal tax returns. Additional fees may apply for e-filing state returns. E-file fees may not apply in certain states, check here for details. Savings and price comparison based on anticipated price increase. Software updates and optional online features require internet connectivity.
- Fastest Refund Possible: Fastest federal tax refund with e-file and direct deposit; tax refund time frames will vary. The IRS issues more than 9 out of 10 refunds in less than 21days.
- TurboTax Product Support: Customer service and product support hours and options vary by time ofyear.
- #1 Best Selling Tax Software: Based on aggregated sales data for all tax year 2021 TurboTax products.
- Deduct From Your Federal Refund: A $40 Refund Processing Service fee applies to this payment method. Prices are subject to change withoutnotice.
- Data Import: Imports financial data from participating companies; May require a free Intuit online account. Quicken and QuickBooks import not available with TurboTax installed on a Mac. Imports from Quicken (2020 and higher) and QuickBooks Desktop (2020 and higher); both Windows only. Quicken import not available for TurboTax Business. Quicken products provided by Quicken Inc., Quicken import subject tochange.
All features, services, support, prices, offers, terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
TurboTax ranks No. 1 in our ratings of the Best Tax Software and the Best Mobile Tax Apps of 2023. Tax filers like its easy-to-use interface and question-answer survey when completing taxes. TurboTax offers four versions of its software, from free to Self-Employed.Is TurboTax just as good as an accountant? ›
The Bottom Line
The choice between TurboTax vs. a CPA when preparing your returns is often based on time, money and financial complexity. Both are good options, but most investors favor one or the other based on their personal needs and comfort level.
Unless you have a basic tax situation or have sufficient time to dedicate to the nuances of tax codes, laws, and regulations, Enrolled Agents, Certified Public Accountants, and Tax Attorneys can save you time and money compared to relying on TurboTax alone.How hard is it to do TurboTax? ›
Although TurboTax isn't the cheapest tax filing option for most users, it's extremely user-friendly with a user interface and various features that make tax filing easy. If you want to make tax season even more hands-off, you can always upgrade to a full-service package.Do tax professionals use TurboTax? ›
TurboTax is only licensed for personal use, and it is not compliant with IRS regulations for paid preparers. Intuit offers ProSeries, ProConnect, and Lacerte Tax software, which are IRS-compliant for tax professionals who are filing multiple returns.What is the best software for tax preparation? ›
TurboTax, H&R Block, Cash App Taxes, Jackson Hewitt, TaxSlayer, TaxAct and FreeTaxUSA all make our list of best tax software for 2023. Read on to learn more about features, experience and prices to decide which could work best for you.What are the disadvantages of using TurboTax? ›
- Improper usage of software (errors can cause a string of IRS Letters, Audits, Amendments, and Penalties)
- The software is only as good as what the user inputs – Need to learn the software.
- Possibility of missing deductions and/or overdeducting.
George talks with Dave Ramsey, who says TurboTax is a good company that lost its way when it began using the data it gleans from its tax software customers to generate leads and peddle debt products. “Banks and their partners make bazillions of dollars off of credit cards, off of debt, off of you,” Dave said.Who is TurboTax biggest competitor? ›
The best TurboTax alternative is FreeTaxUSA. It offers tax filing at zero or minimal charges. Plus, it gives many options for tax deductions that most of the software offered at much higher prices. Other alternatives include H&R Block, TaxAct, TaxSlayer, Credit Karma Tax, Liberty Tax, and IRS.Can TurboTax handle complicated taxes? ›
Whatever your situation is, TurboTax Premier and Home & Business can make doing a complicated tax return easy. We'll just ask simple, plain-English questions and do the hard work for you. Did you buy or sell stocks? We can help you with filing your investment transactions and even figure out your cost basis.
TURBOTAX ONLINE GUARANTEES
100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.
Form 1040 is used by U.S. taxpayers to file an annual income tax return.Will TurboTax answer questions? ›
And if you get stuck or have questions along the way, you can choose to file with TurboTax Live Assisted and file confidently with an expert on your side. Our tax experts will answer your questions along the way and review your return to make sure it's right before you file, so you get every dollar you deserve.Does TurboTax pay the IRS for you? ›
Yes, you may pay your taxes using TurboTax. TurboTax allows you to use the Direct Debit feature. Direct debit is a way to pay your IRS taxes directly from your bank account.Does TurboTax give less refund? ›
When you pay your TurboTax fees with your federal refund, the TurboTax fee plus a separate Refund Processing Service (RPS) fee are deducted from your total refund amount. So your IRS-issued tax refund might be less than the amount shown in TurboTax.Should I pay someone to do my taxes or use TurboTax? ›
Anyone with a relatively complicated tax situation can benefit from hiring a professional. If you own a business, for example, and have lots of different expenses to deduct, it may be worth paying someone who can help you navigate your return, maximize the tax breaks you're entitled to, and avoid errors.Why is TurboTax different than H&R Block? ›
H&R Block covers more filers with its free option. The two Deluxe options are the same in terms of price, but TurboTax's Deluxe option supports more forms that self-employed, freelance and contract workers may need. Both services are user-friendly but TurboTax is slightly simpler with more straightforward language.Is it better to file taxes in person or online? ›
In-person CPAs offer personalized service, so you can get to know each other and expect more personalized advice than you'd get from some online CPAs. Online tax prep can be cheaper, even if you choose a full-service online tax preparation service.What is the easiest tool for accurate tax information? ›
The DRT is easy, accurate and secure. If your FAFSA is selected for Federal Verification, the tool is the fastest way to confirm your filed tax information.What software do professional accountants use? ›
|Accounting software||Use case||Mobile applications|
|Oracle Netsuite||ERP tools||Yes|
Which tax software provider gets the largest refund? Generally TurboTax and H&R block provide the largest refund!What did TurboTax get in trouble for? ›
The company will pay $141 million to settle claims that it tricked tax filers into paying for federal tax preparation services when they were eligible for free tax preparation under a federal program.Why is TurboTax in trouble? ›
The Federal Trade Commission is taking action against Intuit Inc., the maker of the popular TurboTax tax filing software, by issuing an administrative complaint against the company for deceiving consumers with bogus advertisements pitching “free” tax filing that millions of consumers could not use.Why is TurboTax not giving me my full refund? ›
If your refund amount is different than you expected, it may be because we made changes to your tax return including corrections to any Recovery Rebate Credit or Child Tax Credit amounts. Also, all or part of your refund may have been used (offset) to pay off past-due tax or debts.Does TurboTax have a lawsuit? ›
The $141 million settlement deal between Intuit, the maker of TurboTax tax-filing software, and all 50 state attorneys general means that some 4 million affected taxpayers who were deceived by misleading promises of free tax-filing services will be compensated.Are you less likely to get audited if you use TurboTax? ›
Taxpayers who use TurboTax are typically less likely to get audited by the IRS. The services provided by TurboTax's Audit Defense don't include the most expensive part of dealing with an audit. TurboTax's free Audit Support is probably good enough for most people.What software do tax preparers use? ›
- Drake Tax.
- TaxSlayer Pro.
- Intuit ProSeries Professional.
- H&R Block.
- ATX Tax.
- TaxAct Professional.
- Credit Karma Tax.
With TurboTax Live, 100% of our experts are IRS credentialed CPAs and EAs with an average of 12-years of experience, ensuring that you're getting the most money you deserve, and your taxes are done right. Whether it's personal or business-related taxes, including more complex situations, TurboTax Live has you covered.Is TurboTax owned by H&R Block? ›
H&R Block is a registered trademark of HRB Innovations, Inc. TurboTax® and Quicken® are registered trademarks of Intuit, Inc. TaxAct® is a registered trademark of TaxAct, Inc.How do I get the biggest tax refund from TurboTax? ›
- Rethink your filing status.
- Embrace tax deductions.
- Maximize your IRA and HSA contributions.
- Remember, timing can boost your tax refund.
- Become tax credit savvy.
Will The IRS Catch It If I Have Made A Mistake? The IRS will most likely catch a mistake made on a tax return. The IRS has substantial computer technology and programs that cross-references tax returns against data received from other sources, such as employers.Does TurboTax give refund faster? ›
TurboTax Refund Advance
Waiting for a tax refund is never fun. TurboTax wants to help relieve the stress of waiting and with Refund Advance† you could get $250 – $4,000 instantly from when the IRS accepts your return. In fact, 70% of our customers receive funds within 1 minute of IRS e-file acceptance1.
IRS mistakes are actually quite rare. In fact, a 2017 study by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration found that the IRS makes errors in less than 1% of the returns it processes. That means that for every 10,000 tax returns filed, the IRS makes an error on just 100 of them.Do senior citizens have to file taxes? ›
If you are at least 65, unmarried, and receive $14,700 or more in non-exempt income in addition to your Social Security benefits, you typically must file a federal income tax return (tax year 2022).What is the most used tax form? ›
1. Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return. If you've ever wondered how the IRS calculates your income taxes, this is your one-stop form to unravel all the hidden gems. Form 1040 is where you declare your filing status, take your standard deductions, claim lucrative credits, and determine how much you owe the IRS.What is the easiest federal income tax form? ›
The estimated total pay for a Credentialed Tax Expert at Intuit is $42 per hour. This number represents the median, which is the midpoint of the ranges from our proprietary Total Pay Estimate model and based on salaries collected from our users. The estimated base pay is $36 per hour.Does TurboTax give tax advice? ›
With Live Assisted, a team of tax experts is available to provide you with answers and advice as you do your taxes, and can review your return before you file. With Live Full Service, you're matched to a dedicated tax expert who will do your taxes, start to finish, and review them with you before filing.How can I get a tax question answered? ›
Contact the IRS
For the fastest information, the IRS recommends finding answers to your tax questions online. You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 or TTY: 1-800-829-4059. This option works best for less complex questions. Keep in mind that wait times to speak with a representative may be long.
In fact, there is not a type of bank accounts the IRS can't touch. So, the answer to the following three often-asked questions about the seizure of properties by IRS a definite YES. Can the IRS take your car?
An IRS levy permits the legal seizure of your property to satisfy a tax debt. It can garnish wages, take money in your bank or other financial account, seize and sell your vehicle(s), real estate and other personal property.Can the IRS debit my bank account? ›
If you have overdue taxes, the IRS may take money out of your bank account directly. We're often asked, “How is the government able to do this?” If the IRS does determine the appropriate action is taking money directly from your account, they will track down your bank account.How can I get the largest tax return? ›
- Select the right filing status.
- Don't overlook dependent care expenses.
- Itemize deductions when possible.
- Contribute to a traditional IRA.
- Max out contributions to a health savings account.
- Claim a credit for energy-efficient home improvements.
- Consult with a new accountant.
Typically, you get a federal refund when you've overpaid yearly taxes or withheld more than the amount you owe. You may receive a lower refund because there was no stimulus payment in 2022, and there's a less generous tax deduction for charitable gifts, the IRS said.What is the minimum income for TurboTax? ›
Single. Don't have any special circumstances that require you to file (like self-employment income) Earn less than $12,950 (which is the 2022 standard deduction for a single taxpayer)Is TurboTax accurate for taxes? ›
TURBOTAX ONLINE GUARANTEES
100% Accurate Calculations Guarantee: If you pay an IRS or state penalty or interest because of a TurboTax calculation error, we'll pay you the penalty and interest.
H&R Block has slightly lower prices than TurboTax for most paid versions of its online tax-filing platforms. Keep in mind, however, that both companies may offer special pricing for people who file early during tax season.Why is my TurboTax refund so low? ›
If your refund amount is different than you expected, it may be because we made changes to your tax return including corrections to any Recovery Rebate Credit or Child Tax Credit amounts. Also, all or part of your refund may have been used (offset) to pay off past-due tax or debts.Does TurboTax give you maximum refund? ›
TURBOTAX ONLINE GUARANTEES
Maximum Refund Guarantee / Maximum Tax Savings Guarantee - or Your Money Back: If you get a larger refund or smaller tax due from another tax preparation method, we'll refund the applicable TurboTax federal and/or state purchase price paid.
The Federal Trade Commission has been investigating Intuit and its marketing of TurboTax products, following ProPublica's reporting that the Silicon Valley company deceived tax filers into paying when they could have filed for free.
Class Members in the TurboTax class action lawsuit settlement will be eligible to file their taxes using the IRS Free File Program for free in 2021, the settlement agreement says. In addition to these nonmonetary benefits, Intuit will pay $40 million into an escrow account, according to the settlement.How do I get a bigger refund on TurboTax? ›
- Rethink your filing status. ...
- Embrace tax deductions. ...
- Maximize your IRA and HSA contributions. ...
- Remember, timing can boost your tax refund. ...
- Become tax credit savvy.
You might choose H&R Block if you want a premium experience for a lower price. H&R Block's DIY filing options are less expensive than TurboTax's across, and the company edged out TurboTax in our overall ratings.Does TurboTax have hidden fees? ›
No. TurboTax does not have any hidden fees. All of our fees are disclosed in our literature and user agreements.